Diabetes Education Center
CMH Diabetes Education offers reliable information and advice for you and your family.
The program is specially designed for:
1. People newly diagnosed with diabetes
2. Children with diabetes and their families
3. Women with gestational diabetes
4. Those who have had a change in their treatment or have experienced a change in their condition
5. Those with diabetes who have not seen an educator in the past year
Meet with a diabetes educator to develop a personal care plan that will be as individual as you are, that includes:
1. A customized food plan
2. Instruction on testing blood glucose with a meter
3. Free support group
4. Current printed materials
5. Financial help for services, if needed
Our Support Group is open to people with diabetes, their family and friends. There are scheduled learning sessions with health care professionals and provide open discussion with others who have diabetes.